Had quite the busy weekend. We called our two nephews: Max and Sam who have served/ are serving in the Army. We pray that Our Lord is protecting them and all other service men and women who give the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. Jim and I got alot accomplished with yard work again by; planting two Bradford trees, one Lilac tree, put up picket fencing aroung the new veggie garden, mowed the lawn, shoveled three truckloads of compost to fill in the back yard, and got a jumpstart on the new patio as well. Anyway, on to some more fun things...
I've been tagged! I am suppose to think of SIX facinating facts about myself that you probably don't know. My tagger is Susi from , stardustmoonbeams.blogspot.com. Susi is someone I met through Cupid's Charm Beautiful Party. Susi is a sweetheart who was kind enough to visit my blog and left me some of the cutest, honest, funny, and endearing comments that I've ever received. I am soooo happy I met her, and if you stop by her blog, you will be just as intrigued as I am.
The rules are for me to link to stardustmoonbeams.blogspot.com and list SIX other bloggers that I want to know more about so they can tell us six facinating things about themselves. I too would love to know more about other bloggers and that's why I visit their blogs and also picked bloggers that would have fun as well. There's no pressure to participate should you not want to do this. Have a wonderful day and hope that you will enjoy hearing some fun facts about me.
1. I was on my own at 15 years of age
2. In 1995, my husband, two small children and I left California and drove across the US to begin a new life in New York
3. When I was 10 years old, I wrote to Govenor Wilson of California to explain that the slaughtering of whales was cruel and wrong
4. The meaning of my blog name is: Spanish means my Latin heritage and dahlia stands for the native flower of Mexico
5. At 4 of 5 years of age, while vacationing with my family and cousins in Lake Tahoe, we were all sunning and swimming, then I went into the lake and began to drown. My Aunt Mary saw about two inches of my head, ran over and pulled me right out of the water.
6. My first kiss in seventh grade was with Anthony Giannuzzi
The blogs I'm tagging are below:
1. The House In The Roses.blogspot.com
3. Wayside Treasures.blogspot.com
4. Wisteria and Roses.blogspot.com
5. Stacy's Shabby Shop.blogspot.com
6. 13 Thorny Roses.blogspot.com
Aunt Mary is from left to right third one down, thanks a million, you really did save my life!
That's me right in front of the house I grew up in from the time I was 4 years old until I was on my own at 15
That's my young family and I leaving Morgan Hill, California to drive across the country in October of 1995
Yep, that's little old me in kindergarten wearing my Catholic School uniform.